Copenhagen Business School, Department of Organization in Denmark invites applications for a vacant PhD scholarship within the field of organization studies in professional
and corporate networks.
In announcing a PhD scholarship in professional and corporate networks, the department wishes to strengthen interdisciplinary research in organizational and managerial processes and consequences. We are interested in projects that relate to and develop the department’s research profile.
Examples of research themes that a scholarship might cover:
- The sociology of professions and sociology of expertise
- The role of careers and networks in business organization
- The evolution of corporate networks and their organizational characteristics
- External and internal influences on the composition of corporate networks
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Worth of Award
- A PhD scholarship runs for a period of 3 years, and includes teaching obligations equivalent of ½ year’s work (840 work hours).
- The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement. The scholarship includes the tuition fees, office space, travel grants plus a salary, currently starting with per month app.
- DKK 23.770 (app. 3,160 euro) up to DKK 28.964 (app. 3,860 euro) depending on seniority, plus a pension contribution totalling 17,1 % of 85 per cent of the base salary.
- The salary level and appointment is determined by the Ministry of Finance’s collective agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
- The PhD student will be enrolled at the PhD School in Organisation and Management Studies
- To be considered, the candidate should have a basic training at the Masters level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process).
- An educational background in the social sciences is necessary.
- The applicant must have successfully completed the Masters degree before commencing PhD at CBS.
- The applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply
- The application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
- Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
- Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
The application must include:
- A project description (max. 5 pages): This research proposal should contain a presentation of an original research question, a description of the initial theoretical framework and research methodology, a presentation of the suggested empirical material as well as a work-plan in form of a Gantt Chart, and finally a very brief outline of how the project would fit with the core areas of the department.
- Copies of a Master’s degree certificate or other certificates of a corresponding level.
- Brief curriculum vitae (CV).
- A list of papers and publications.
- One copy of a selected written work (e.g. Master’s thesis).
- Documentation for English language skills if English is not the mother tongue.
For further information please contact: Head of Department Signe Vikkelsø, tel.: +45 3815 2827, e-mail: [email protected]
Deadline: applications close May 30, 2018. The envisaged starting date of the position is September/October 1, 2018.