The Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, UMEÅ UNIVERSITY in Sweden invites applicants for a 2-year postdoctoral position in Biochemistry. The employment is full-time and covers two years.
Their research group studies the structural and molecular mechanisms of the transcriptional co-activator Mediator in yeast and plant cells. The overall goal of the work is to gain an increased understanding of how transcriptional regulation in response to different types of stress is controlled through the Mediator complex in yeast, S.cerevisiae. The project will involve molecular biology and biochemical techniques such as cloning, expression and purification of proteins, analysis of how Mediator binds to chromatin in a global perspective, how this binding change in response to stress and identification of other proteins and protein complexes that interact Mediator with in chromatin. The specific objective of the project is to clarify how Mediator influences the chromatic structure and gene expression globally in response to stress.
Worth of Award
The employment is full-time and covers two years.
- A doctoral degree in biochemistry or molecular biology is required.
- The applicant should have practical experience in protein purification and different types of global methods for studying gene expression and interaction of proteins with chromatin, such as RNAseq and ChIP-seq.
- A documented experience from working with S.cerevisiae as model system is a requirement. Previous experience from working with transcription regulation and transcription factors is highly credible.
- The applicant must master English both verbally and in writing.
How to Apply
The application must consist of the following documents written in English or Swedish:
- A short personal letter with justification for the application.
- Curriculum vitae
- Strengthened copies of diplomas and grades.
- Contact information for at least two reference persons.
- Documents sent electronically must be in Word or PDF format.
- The application must be made via our e-recruitment system and be received by 2018-05-18. Date of access as agreed.
Further information is provided by Prof. Stefan Björklund, +46 70 2162890, [email protected]
Deadline: applications close May 18, 2018.