Three postdoctoral positions (three years, extendable) are available in the Group of Structural Biology and Drug Development (Luecke group) at the Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM) in Oslo for 2018.
The Group for Structural Biology and Drug Development investigates medically relevant proteins and protein complexes using biophysical, biochemical and structural approaches. The projects aim at understanding structure-function relationships with an emphasis on drug discovery. We employ a variety of biochemical and biophysical techniques (x-ray crystallography, single particle cryo electron microscopy, DSF, ITC, SPR, HDX-MS, SAXS, molecular dynamics simulations etc.). Specific, externally funded projects include inhibitor discovery targeting the Helicobacter pylori pH acclimation system (a pH-gated urea channel and a cytoplasmic urease1), and discovery of compounds that reactivate p53 cancer mutants in vitro and in vivo2.
The positions are available immediately. They seek highly motivated individuals with an excellent track record and experience in protein purification and biophysical and biochemical characterization of proteins and protein complexes, preferably including membrane proteins. Knowledge of one or more structural biology technique (x-ray crystallography, cryo electron microscopy or NMR) is required. Postdoctoral fellows will be supported in developing their own research area on their path to independence. We offer a stimulating environment with excellent working and social benefits in the Happiest Country on Earth.
Worth of Award
Salary: Postdoctoral Research Fellow (SKO 1352) with a salary level of NOK490,900–569,000 (app. €51,800-€60,400) per year, depending on qualifications.
They invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.To be eligible, you must have:
- A Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry, or a related area
- Hands-on experience with extraction and purification of proteins and assembly of protein complexes (membrane protein experience preferred)
- Ability to independently perform experiments, analyze and interpret results
- Documented ability to write scientific manuscripts (one or more first author papers from Ph.D. and postdoctoral studies will be highly valued)
- Excellent English interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Ability to operate as a team player in a multi-disciplinary environment
How to Apply
Application via website required and must include:
- Cover Letter stating motivation and research interests
- A detailed C.V.
- A complete list of scientific publications with brief statement of candidate contribution
- List of references (name, institution, e-mail, telephone number and relation to candidate)
Deadline: applications close Monday, May 14, 2018