London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) in UK invites applications for the LCIA Internship open to a graduate with an interest in international arbitration for the first and second internships for 2018.
The first internship will run from Monday, 3 September 2018 to Friday, 8 March 2019. The second internship will run from Monday, 4 March 2019 to Friday 6 September 2019.
The intern will fill the role of Research Assistant, and his or her duties might include assisting with legal and statistical research in connection with the LCIA’s own caseload and more generally in the field of international commercial arbitration, and assisting the casework team, from time to time, with other tasks relating to the administration of LCIA arbitrations.
Worth of Award
Each intern will receive a stipend of £1,600 (gross) per calendar month.
- The LCIA is looking for a graduate with an interest in international arbitration, an excellent academic record, and a good command of English.
- Other languages and work experience are not necessary, but would be an advantage.
- All applicants must be entitled to work in the UK, on a temporary work permit (which it will be their responsibility to obtain) or otherwise.
- The internship is a full-time position.
How to Apply
- If you wish to apply, please log in to your YIAG account and then click on the ‘Apply Now’ link at the bottom of this page.
- You will be asked to upload a letter of application and a CV. Applications must be submitted on or before midnight London time on Tuesday, 8 May 2018.
- They are accepting online applications only. Applications sent by any other means will not be considered. It is not necessary to include any letters of recommendation with your application.
- If you wish to forward this invitation to a colleague and they are not a member of YIAG, please note that your colleague must apply for membership of YIAG by no later than Tuesday, 1 May 2018 in order to be eligible to apply for the September 2018 or March 2019 internship.
Deadline: applications close Tuesday, 8 May 2018. They will contact shortlisted candidates by Friday 20 July 2018.