BPP University in UK invites applications for the Law School Dean’s Scholarship open to applicants who applied for and been offered a place on the LPC or GDL for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The Law School Dean’s Scholarship is open to GDL and LPC applicants who are from underrepresented backgrounds, have experienced financial hardship or are the first person in their family to attend university or enter the legal profession.
Worth of Award
- This scholarship is worth up to £5000.
- There is an overall scholarship fund of up to £55,000 per academic year.
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- have applied for and been offered a place on the LPC or GDL; and
- meet the admission requirements for the LPC or GDL; and
- be able to demonstrate academic excellence, through achieving a 2:1 or above in your undergraduate degree and/or GDL Commendation or above (predicted or obtained); and
- be able to demonstrate a clear commitment towards a career within the legal profession
You must also be able to demonstrate that you:
- Come from a background currently underrepresented in the legal profession; or
- Are the first person in your family to enter the legal profession or higher education; or
- Have experienced financial need or hardship
How to Apply
You will need to:
- Complete the online application form
- Attach a copy of your most recent CV
- In no more than 500 words, answer the following question: What challenges do you think the legal profession faces over the next decade? How would your skills and experiences assist the profession in meeting these challenges?
Deadline: applications close 31 July 2018. Results declared – 24 August 2018