The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applications for Scholarships and Fellowships for eligible international students to support their studies in the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in any of the Colleges for 2018/2018 academic year.
The purpose of the Graduate Research Scholarships and Fellowships program is to make available financial support packages, to faculty researchers that would enable them to recruit and support highly-talented, research-oriented graduate students who will engage in active research in areas of strategic importance to the University and the nation.
Worth of Award
- Graduate Research Scholarships are granted to eligible students and provide a full package of benefits, which includes full tuition waiver, monthly stipend, housing or housing allowance, health insurance and research support.
- The housing benefit is provided to international students if their visa is sponsored by UAEU.
- Health insurance is provided to international students if their visa is sponsored by UAEU.
- Research support funds are provided to the faculty for supporting the student’s research.
- Award recipients who take official leave of absence from their study will have their stipend payments and any applicable housing allowance suspended for the duration of the leave period, and the period of their Scholarship award will be extended accordingly.
Summary of benefits:
- Tuition Waiver: Yes
- Stipend: AED 10,000/month
- Housing Allowance: AED 1,500/month
- Health Insurance: Yes (student only)
- Research Support: Yes.
The program is designed to recruit and support PhD students. Applicants for Graduate Research Scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- General requirements:
- Student must enroll full-time in a minimum of 9 graduate credits per semester.
- Student must not be financially sponsored by any other organization or hold any active employment.
- Student must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher in the Master’s degree.
- Student must have and maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher at the PhD level.
- The following additional factors apply to the selection criteria:
- The ranking and research classification of the institution from which the applicant received his/her Master’s degree.
- Applicant’s prior research experience and its relevance to UAEU research.
- Applicant’s publication record.
- General requirements:
How to Apply