The Department of Sociology in the University of York, UK invites applications for the Maria Bourboulis EU/UK masters scholarship for 2018/2019 academic session.
The Maria Bourboulis scholarship fund is awarded in memory of York Alumna Maria Bourboulis – to continue to support Sociology students.
Applications are invited from highly qualified and motivated applicants to take up this new MA scholarship opportunity in the Department of Sociology at the University of York.
If you have already applied for an MA/ MSc, you can write to them and tell them that you would like to be considered for the scholarship. Please provide a short additional text about the usefulness of the scholarship in order to achieve your goals.
Worth of Award
- £12,000 stipend p.a. (This does not include a fee waiver)
- International students are eligible; however, they will be expected to show evidence that they can compensate for the difference between the Home/EU student fees and the International student fees.
In order to be eligible you must:
- Have applied for place a on a full time Masters course on one of the following courses:
- MA in Social Research
- MA in Criminology and Social Research
- MA in Social Media and Social Research
- MA in Society, Culture and Globalisation
- Begin your Masters studies in September 2018
- Have or expect to obtain a first or upper second class honours degree or equivalent prior to commencing the Masters programme.
How to Apply
- First, to apply for the scholarship, you will need to submit a formal Masters application through the University’s online application system.
- Application documents include a personal statement, a CV, previous degree certificates, academic transcripts and one reference letter. Please explain in your personal statement why you would like to undertake an MA/ MSc in our department at York and how the scholarship would be useful for you to achieve your goals.
- Please indicate on your application documents that you intend to apply for The Maria Bourboulis MA Scholarship.
- Second, you must also submit a separate copy of your application to the Department of Sociology ([email protected]).
Deadline: applications close 23.59pm (GMT) on 1 July 2018.