The University of Rochester in the United States invites applications for the full-Time MBA Scholarships open to graduate applicants who have enhanced both their technical and personal skill sets for 2018/2019 academic session.
Once submitted and complete, your application will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee. The information you provide will be used to make admission decisions and determine scholarship awards. You will not have to submit a separate application for scholarship consideration.
Admission decisions are made by the date specified for your application round. Please refer to their Full-Time MBA Application Deadlines. You will receive an email notification once a decision has been made. In order to protect your privacy, the decision will only be posted in your online application. If admitted, we will also let you know if you have been awarded a merit-based scholarship based on your application.
Worth of Award
If you’re awarded scholarship, the award amount will be included with your Admitted Student Package. The scholarship amount is guaranteed and has been set aside for your Full-Time MBA studies. They’ll also let you know if you’ve been invited to earn additional support at our prestigious Scholarship Weekend.
- Personal Qualities and Leadership Potential: Simon values well developed communication skills for all graduate applicants. We seek self-motivated individuals who believe that graduate study will significantly enhance both their technical and personal skill sets. Additionally, the Admissions Committee seeks evidence of team experiences and leadership skills, shown through extracurricular experiences and/or on-the-job projects. The committee uses the admissions interview, combined with your résumé, essays, and letter(s) of recommendation to assess these qualitative aspects of your application.
- Work Experience and Goals: When making admissions decisions, Simon Business School considers work experience to include both internships and/or post-baccalaureate experience. The quality and quantity of working experience, combined with career goals, are equally evaluated. Your decision to pursue graduate study should be consistent with the career goals typically offered for this program.
- Academics: The Admissions Committee seeks candidates committed to academic excellence. We review GMAT and/or GRE exam scores and consider the overall results, as well as your quantitative and verbal distribution on the exam. Additionally, we evaluate all undergraduate and graduate coursework that has been completed prior to applying. Specific review of business, accounting, and mathematics grades, as well as your overall trend through the bachelor degree, is considered in addition to your cumulative GPA. Applicant concerns on any dimension of the academic profile should be briefly addressed in the optional essay.
- For International Applicants: Every enrolling MBA and MS student must successfully demonstrate excellent English communication skills. They highly recommend a minimum TOEFL score of 100 with sub-scores in the mid-20s or a minimum IELTS score of 7.5 with sub scores of at least 7.
- In addition to required ESL test scores, Simon applicants have the opportunity to provide an InitialView interview and writing sample to demonstrate their English proficiency. Visit the InitialView website to sign up for an interview and send your results to Simon Business School. The Simon Admissions Committee will then use this as part of the holistic review of your application. While this is not a required component, it is an excellent way to add another dimension to your candidacy.
The admissions interview is an important two-way communication and you should treat the interview as you would a job interview. Dress professionally, arrive a little ahead of schedule and come prepared to discuss your background, while also preparing a few questions to allow you to learn more about Simon and the admissions process.
How to Apply
- Their Admissions Committee accepts MBA applications on a rolling basis. We invite you to submit your application to receive full admission and scholarship consideration.
- In order to protect your privacy, admission decisions are only posted within the online application system. You will be notified by email when your decision is available to view. However, they encourage you to log into your application regularly to check its status.
- They look forward to receiving your application. If you have questions at any time during the application process.
Deadline: applications close as follows
1st round, July 15 – October 15
2nd round, October 16 – January 5
3rd round, January 6 – March 15
4th round, March 16 – May 15