The Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies (BerGSAS) with funding of the Einstein Centre Chronoi “Time and Awareness of Time in Ancient Societies” is offering at Freie Universität Berlin and at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin 8 doctoral fellowships for the winter term 2018/19, starting on January 1st, 2019.
Applicants must hold an outstanding Master’s degree, or equivalent degree. This call is open for individual proposals. Candidates are asked to send their application including the documents listed below and referring to the application quoting reference number 2018-BerGSAS-EC-1 before April, 30th , 2018 to [email protected]
Worth of Award
Each fellowship will include a stipend of 1365 euros per month to be awarded for two years, with an option to extend the support for a third year, depending on the positive evaluation towards the end of the second year.
- Applicants must hold an outstanding Master’s degree, or equivalent degree. This call is open for individual proposals
How to Apply
Required application documents (1 PDF, max. 10 MB):
- statement of purpose in applying to the PhD program (max. 3 pp)
- dissertation project synopsis (8-10 pp)
- working plan and schedule
- curriculum vitae (CV, resume)
- completed application form (download here: http://www.berlinerantike-kolleg.org/bergsas/ausschreibungen)
- two letters of recommendation
- copies of certificates of any academic degrees
- writing sample (15-20 pp)
- copies of certificates of English (C-1) and/or German (DSH-2) language skills.