Fellowship is the flagship annual entrepreneurship-focused, technical innovation challenge and employability programme for the best and brightest female engineering, technology and built environment students to find solutions to global challenges and develop and prepare for the industry.
Through Fellowship, WomEng is raising the profile of the engineering sector. WomEng Fellows are equipped with highly desirable scarce employability skills and the knowledge and skills to start-up their own business. WomEng is creating diversity in the engineering industry.
The theme of the Fellowship Technovation Challenge is “Engineering Technology to Meet the Sustainable Development Goals”. In 2015, the United Nations signed into order the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), more commonly known as “The Global Goals” – 17 Goals to be achieved by 2030. In 2017, they are challenging WomEng Fellows to come up with new business ideas and innovations that will contribute to the realization of one or more of the Global Goals.
Worth of Award
- WomEng covers all costs related to participation in the programme including travel to Johannesburg, accommodation, food, and facilitation. You will be requested to pay a fee of R725 to avoid “no-shows”.
- Develop a business idea that can be scaled through incubation.
- Develop leadership and employability skills.
- Grow your professional network
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Applications are open to female engineering, technology, and built environment students currently studying full-time at a South African University or University of Technology.
- Applicants must be in their penultimate to final year (e.g 4th year at university) of undergraduate or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must commit to attending the full programme from 03 – 06 July 2018.
- Ex-fellows are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form on the official website.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants.
- Further details regarding the programme logistics and planning will be communicated directly to the successful applicants.
- The WomEng Team looks forward to welcoming the Top Fellows to Johannesburg, South Africa in July 2018.
- For queries, email [email protected]
Deadline: applications close 12 May 2018, 23h59 SAST. Successful applicants will be contacted in June 2018.