The Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange invites applications for the Ignacy Lukasiewicz Scholarship Programme, implemented as part of the “Polish Aid” programme for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The Ignacy Lukasiewicz Scholarship Programme, implemented as part of the “Polish Aid” programme, is addressed to the nationals of the following developing countries: Angola, Chile, Colombia, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Myanmar, Nigeria, Palestine, Peru, The Republic of South Africa, The Philippines, Senegal, Tanzania, and Vietnam. The aim of the Programme is to support the socio-economic development of the above-mentioned countries.
Worth of Award
Under the Agreement, throughout the course of the Studies, the Beneficiary is entitled to the following financial resources:
- scholarship granted for the period of the preparatory course / Studies, amounting to
PLN 1,500 (say: one thousand and five hundred zlotys 00/100) per month (hereinafter
- in the first year of studies, the first monthly Scholarship is increased by PLN 500 (say:
five hundred zlotys 00/100), intended to cover the costs of starting out in Poland.
- in the last year of studies, the last monthly Scholarship is increased by PLN 500 (say:
five hundred zlotys 00/100), intended to cover the costs of the thesis.
- In the event of a documented unforeseen circumstance, the NAWA Director may, at the written request of the Beneficiary, increase the Scholarship paid out to the Beneficiary in a given month by PLN 500 (say: five hundred zlotys 00/100) on account of such an unforeseen circumstance.
- The Scholarship is paid for a maximum period of 12 months in a given academic year. The Scholarship is paid through the Higher Education Institution.
- Payment of the Scholarship in the following academic year is subject to submission of the correct and complete Report referred to in Article 5.1
- Funds awarded under the Agreement will be released provided that the Agency avails of funds earmarked for carrying out the Ignacy ?ukasiewicz Scholarship Programme. The Agency cannot be held liable for acts or omissions of the Higher Education Institution, in particular for delays or lack of payment of the awarded funds.
- Applicants who meet the criteria listed below are eligible to apply for admission.
- are citizens of one of the following countries: Angola, Chile, Colombia, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Myanmar, Nigeria, Palestine, Peru, The Republic of South Africa, The Philippines, Senegal, Tanzania and Vietnam;
- do not have a permanent residence permit in Poland;
- do not hold a first cycle programme graduation diploma awarded in Poland;
- do not hold a magister (Master’s) or magister in?ynier (Master of Science) degree;
- are graduates of first cycle programmes (completed no earlier than in 2014) or students of the last year of first cycle programmes in the academic year 2017/2018 in the following areas of study: sciences, natural sciences, technical sciences, agricultural, forestry and veterinary sciences;
- have a certificate confirming proficiency in English of at least B2 level. The list of recognised English language certificates is attached as Appendix 3 to these Terms and Conditions. Documents confirming the proficiency in English also include certificates, diplomas or other documents confirming the completion of a post-primary school, in which classes were taught in English.
- submit a medical certificate stating lack of contraindications to take up studies in a given field (issued no earlier than on 1st of September 2017).
How to Apply
- The call for applications for the Ignacy Lukasiewicz Scholarship Programme will be run from 12th of March till 11th of May 2018 at 15:00 Polish time. Applications can only be submitted in electronic format through NAWA’s ICT system.
- Submission of an application through the system results in a change of the application status to “submitted” and the applicant receives an e-mail message with the application reference number. The applicant can submit only one application for their chosen degree
- In the case of multiple application submissions by a given candidate, only the application submitted first will be considered. Only complete applications are considered for assessment.
Deadline: applications close 11th of May 2018 at 15:00 Polish time