The Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE) invites applications for the Learn Africa scholarships program 2018 open to an applicant who must be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
This program, promoted by the Women for Africa Foundation, aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African women undergraduate and graduate students through scholarships in Spanish universities that collaborate in this initiative. Thanks to these scholarships, the selected students can complement their university education in their country, and then invest what has been learned to benefit their communities, thus contributing to the progress of African societies.
The scholarships are funded by the universities participating in the program – all of them, members of the Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE) – and cover round trips, tuition and fees, accommodation, maintenance and medical insurance
Worth of Award
- The scholarship includes one return ticket to-from the student’s country of origin, university fees, health insurance, accommodation and food.
- Cost coverage for other extra expenses, such as the cost of opening a bank account, transport in the city and pocket money, is not guaranteed.
In general, any person who meets the following requirements:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
How to Apply
- Scholarships can be requested from April 16 to May 6 (2018), both dates inclusive. Only requests made online will be accepted.
Selection process and results
- The selection process will be coordinated by the Women for Africa Foundation and will take place between May 7 and June 21, according to the following criteria: academic record, curriculum (previous training, languages, stays in other countries, mobility, Professional experience), motivation letter and, for doctoral fellowships, a research project.
- The final selection will be agreed with each of the participating universities, the results of the selection process will be available at the end of June on the Foundation’s website and will be personally communicated to each of the selected applicants.
Deadline: applications close May 6 2018