Members of the Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE) invite applications for the Africa scholarships program open to African women undergraduate and graduate students for the 2018/2019 academic year.
This program, promoted by the Women for Africa Foundation, aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African women undergraduate and graduate students through scholarships in Spanish universities that collaborate in this initiative. Thanks to these scholarships, the selected students can complement their university education in our country, and then invest what has been learned to benefit their communities, thus contributing to the progress of African societies.
The scholarships are funded by the universities participating in the program – all of them, members of the Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE) – and cover round trips, tuition and fees, accommodation, maintenance and medical insurance
The scholarships included in this call have a variable duration depending on the modality agreed with each of the host universities and the training program offered, comprising periods ranging from six months, in the case of some research staying to four years for those aiming to Master and Doctorate.
All the scholarships of this call will take place during the academic year 2018-2019.
Worth of Award
It covers round trips, tuition and fees, accommodation, maintenance and medical insurance
In general, any person who meets the following requirements:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
Selection process and results
- The selection process will be coordinated by the Women for Africa Foundation and will take place between May 7 and June 21, according to the following criteria: academic record, curriculum (previous training, languages, stays in other countries, mobility, Professional experience), motivation letter and, for doctoral fellowships, a research project.
- The final selection will be agreed with each of the participating universities, the results of the selection process will be available at the end of June on the Foundation’s website and will be personally communicated to each of the selected applicants.
How to Apply
- Apply online via their website, click link below.
- The student must be aware that she is expected to submit a copy of her university degree duly attested by her country’s ministry.
- The student must remember that certain administrative procedures require payment at her country of origin (visa, certificate/records ratification and translation, etc.)