J. Walter Thompson Company invites applications for the Helen Landsowne Resor Scholarship open to female students registered at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school for the 2018/2019 academic year.
It started in 1908, when Helen Lansdowne was hired by J. Walter Thompson Cincinnati as the industry’s first female copywriter. She soon moved to the New York office, where she rose through the ranks as a creative powerhouse. She hired and mentored dozens of creative women, ensuring that the female voice was represented in J. Walter Thompson’s work.
J. Walter Thompson Company was founded in 1864 and has been making pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business for more than 150 years. Today the company has evolved to include several global networks including J. Walter Thompson Worldwide, Mirum and Colloquial.
Worth of Award
- A scholarship up to $10,000 to put towards your education
- An internship at a JWT office
- One-on-one mentorship
- First-look placement at JWT after graduation
- Be a registered student at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school with at least 12 months of school left as of May 14, 2018
- Show creative talent and potential in a course of study like Art Direction, Copywriting, Design, Experiential Design, Sculpture, Film, etc. Basically, if you think it applies to you, it probably does
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by your school
- Female students registered at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school
- At least 12 months of school left as of May 14, 2018
How to Apply
- You’ll have to submit your application form, a personal statement, a letter of recommendation and 3–5 creative samples by May 14, 2018.
- Scholarships will be announced in July 2018, but may take up to 3 months to be processed. Please be aware that recipients must maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by the school.
Deadline: applications close May 14th, 2018