J. Walter Thompson Company invites applications for the Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship open to female students registered at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school for the 2019/2020 academic year.
It started in 1908 when Helen Lansdowne was hired by J. Walter Thompson Cincinnati as the industry’s first female copywriter. She soon moved to the New York office, where she rose through the ranks as a creative powerhouse. She hired and mentored dozens of creative women, ensuring that the female voice was represented in J. Walter Thompson’s work.
J. Walter Thompson Company was founded in 1864 and has been making pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business for more than 150 years. Today the company has evolved to include several global networks including J. Walter Thompson Worldwide, Mirum, and Colloquial.
Worth of Award
- A scholarship up to $10,000 to put towards your education
- An internship at a Wunderman Thompson office
- One-on-one mentorship
- First-look placement at JWT after graduation
- Female students registered at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school
- At least 12 months of school left as of May 20, 2019
- In short, badass women studying creativity. Oh, and you also have to:
- Be a registered student at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school with at least 12 months of school left as of May 20, 2019
- Show creative talent and potential in a course of study like Art Direction, Copywriting, Design, Experiential Design, Sculpture, Film, etc. Basically, if you think it applies to you, it probably does
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by your school.
How to Apply
- Applicants should fill in the application form
- You’ll have to submit your application form, a personal statement (500 words or less),
- A 3–5 creative samples before the application deadline
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
Deadline: Applications close on June 3, 2019.