Penn State University in Switzerland invites applications for the Smeal Undergraduate Research Grants open to students who are interested to engage in research studies in all academic disciplines for 2018/2019 academic year.
Penn State University is a top-tier research institution, and encourages students to engage in research studies in all academic disciplines by offering financial support for approved ideas.
You are encouraged to incorporate your research goals into all areas of your undergraduate education. You have two options if you are interested in conducting an undergraduate research study. If you have an idea about a topic you are interested in, you can proceed with this study with the assistance of a faculty adviser.
You can also contact a faculty member who is currently conducting a research project. Find out if this project is a good fit for you, and then fill out the Undergraduate Research Application provided on their website.
Worth of Award
- Typically, students are awarded up to $1,000 to carry out their research projects. You may be awarded more or less depending on the magnitude of your research project.
Funds cover the expenditures of, but are not limited to:
- Traveling expenses
- Research materials
- Conference fees
- Preparing surveys
- Data collection materials
- Software purchases
These are just examples – the grant will cover a wide range of expenses for your project.
- If the Associate Dean approves, you can apply for participation in the Undergraduate Exhibition at Penn State. You will be awarded additional funds to cover the cost of preparing a poster for the exhibition.
- This event is open to the public, where students from across the university showcase their research.
- Further, all research projects funded in part or in full by the Office of Undergraduate Programs will be featured in an annual Undergraduate Research Report to the Offices of the Dean and the Provost.
- Your work may also be featured on various websites and marketing materials for the Smeal College of Business and Penn State University.
- Students in all academic disciplines who are enrolled into Penn State University as undergraduates.
How to Apply
- Apply online via their website, click the link below
Deadline: applications are open