Family and friends of the late John Thompson and Dublin City University Business School are welcoming applications for the 2018 John Thompson Scholarship. The bursary offers full fees for a graduate taking DCU’s full-time MSc in Digital Marketing.
Established in 2008, this scholarship was set up to honour the memory of John Thompson, one of Ireland’s leading newspaper executives. With a career spanning almost 30 years in the business, John was instrumental in the launch and commercial development of some of Ireland’s most successful and enduring publications including U Magazine, The Sunday World and The Irish Farmers Journal. He was Chief Executive of Associated Newspapers Ireland, publishers of the Irish Daily Mail and Irish Mail on Sunday and former Managing Director of Independent Star Limited and publisher of the Irish Daily Star.
The MSc in Digital Marketing is designed to help participants understand how digital technologies are changing consumer behaviour and equip them with the knowledge to engage with consumers using digital channels. Participants benefit from a combination of exposure to cutting-edge research, academic rigor, industry practice and applied workshop and projects. Lectures are delivered by experienced international and Irish experts from industry and practice, in areas such as data analytics and visualisation, digital advertising and communication, and digital marketing strategy.
Worth of Award
The bursary offers full fees for a graduate taking DCU’s full-time MSc in Digital Marketing.
- Graduates of all higher education institutions in Ireland are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should hold a First Class Honours (1.1) Degree in a business or a related discipline and should demonstrate a keen interest in and understanding of marketing, business, and media.
- To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must meet the academic and other entry requirements of the respective DCU MSc Digital Marketing.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit:
- A CV
- A statement of motivation and suitability for the scholarship (maximum of 250 words).
- A copy of their academic transcript/proof of final degree award
- Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of their application and interview.
- Submissions should be sent to the Group Head for Marketing at DCUBS Dr John Connolly via email at [email protected] no later than 5.00pm on 27th June 2018.
Deadline: application close June 27, 2018.