The International Aviation Women’s Association (IAWA) invites applications for a scholarship opportunity for female BSc and MSc students from the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering at the Technical University of Delft for the 2021/22 academic year.
IAWA is a US-based organization that supports, cultivates and brings together female leaders in the aviation and aerospace fields. Together with a selection committee from TU Delft, they will select one student who will receive a one-time grant of $5,000 to be used for tuition fees.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship fee of $5,000 will be made payable to TU Delft.
- It will be used to pay (part of) your tuition fee.
- A female BSc or MSc student in aerospace engineering at TU Delft
- Who has a good grade point average
- A passion for a career in the field of aviation or space
- Who could use the financial support
How to Apply
- Fill in the attached application form: Application form (PDF)
- (2) Write a brief motivation (max one A4) explaining why you have the passion to pursue a career in aviation or space and what your ultimate goals are
- (3) Explain why you chose to study aerospace engineering and also why you chose to do that at TU Delft. Feel free to answer this question creatively (make a vlog, write a blog, give a pitch, etc.)
- (4) Send (1) the completed application form, (2) the motivation, (3) the creative explanation, (4) your CV and (5) study progress overview to [email protected] (the Faculty’s communications manager) before 09 May 2018 9:00 AM.
A selection committee from the Faculty consisting of Chiara Bisagni (Full Professor Aerospace Structures and Computation Mechanics), Aldert Kamp (Education Director), Madeleine Bos (Head of Education and Student Affairs) and Ineke Boneschansker (Manager Communications) will select a maximum of four candidates who will be presented to the scholarship committee of IAWA. The committee will inform the faculty and the winner before 1 June 2018.
Deadline: applications close May 18, 2021 9:00 AM.