TETA invites employed South African nationals to apply for a full scholarship for studies in MSc or PhD in maritime affairs at the World Maritime University (WMU) in Malmo, Sweden for 2021/22 academic year.
Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) is at the heart of skills innovation in the transport sector. The funding opportunity requires the learner to undertake research-based activities in the SA environment relevant to South Africa’s maritime context.
Worth of Award
- The funding covers the following while in Malmö: tuition, field studies, insurance, accommodation, a monthly living allowance and an air ticket after graduation back to South Africa.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be academically accepted by WMU
- You must be currently employed, and have been with your employer for at least 12 months
- You must have at least 3 years of experience in the maritime sector in South Africa
- You must have obtained consent from your current employer that you can undertake the programme and will be allowed to return to employment after completion of programme
- Women will be given priority for funding
- Middle managers and above will be given priority for funding
How to Apply
To apply for a study programme at WMU please use the following guidelines:
- Complete WMU application for admission (please attach your Matric certificate showing a pass in English)
- A certified copy of your passport or your application for a passport
- A certified copy of your ID
- TETA Motivational Statement
- A letter of support from your current employer, confirming that you may undertake the programme and will be allowed to return to employment after completing programme (sabbatical/unpaid leave could be considered)
- Your employer should complete the Application for Financial Support form and send to [email protected]
- Signed Terms and Conditions for the Scholarship
Deadline: applications close April 15, 2021.