The Transport Education and Training Authority (TETA), a SETA within the transport sector under the Department of Higher Education and Training invites employed South African nationals to apply for full scholarships for studies in MSc or PhD in Maritime Affairs. Studies will be undertaken at the prestigious World Maritime University (WMU) in Sweden, Malmo for 2018/2019 academic year.
Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) is at the heart of skills innovation in the transport sector.
Worth of Award
- Departing for Malmö from South Africa: TETA will make the travel arrangements for the learner to fly from South Africa to Sweden. The travel will be arranged by TETA and will include a one way ticket to Copenhagen Denmark. From Copenhagen you will take the train over the bridge to Malmö -it currently costs SEK 110, and can be paid by payment cards (Visa, MasterCard etc.).
- The funding covers tuition, field studies, insurance, accommodation, a monthly living allowance and an air ticket after graduation back to South Africa. This is paid to the University account and WMU manages the funds, e.g. payments of stipends, etc
It remains the responsibility of the learner to pay any costs related to exceeding luggage at the time of travel from and to South Africa. TETA will not be responsible for any related costs for extra luggage.
Upon graduation, the learner will undertake all endeavours to work within the transport sector in the Republic of South Africa for a minimum of 3 (three) years.
- Employed South African nationals
- Only applicants who are accepted by WMU will be eligible for funding.
How to Apply
To apply for a study programme at WMU please use the following guidelines:
- To apply to the MSc or PhD in Maritime Affairs, visit their website.
- Your application must be sent to TETA at: [email protected] and [email protected] by no later than Friday 7 May 2018, 16:00pm
Deadline: applications close Friday 7 May 2018, 16:00pm