USAID’s Center for Digital Development invites applications for the Digital Agriculture Photo Contest for your chance to win prizes of $200, $300 and $500 dollars.
Digital Development for Feed the Future is a collaboration between The U.S. Global Development Lab (Lab) and the Bureau for Food Security (BFS). Launched in September 2015, this three-year partnership is aimed at integrating digital tools into the Feed the Future portfolio.
With digital technology making it possible to accelerate the fight against poverty, USAID’s Center for Digital Development works to ensure that everyone, even the poorest, has access to digital services. The Center also supports the effective use of technology and advanced data analytics across USAID and explores emerging technologies to better understand how they will shape the future of development. To learn more about their work, follow them on Twitter and sign up for our newsletter.
Digital Development for Feed the Future (D2FTF) leverages digital tools holistically and according to best practice to improve the cost-effectiveness and development results of the U.S. Government’s Feed the Future Initiative. As part of their mission, they seek to recognize those who are utilizing digital tools to improve farming practices and accelerate the fight against poverty. Help them tell the story of digital agriculture technologies and how they’re working to advance food security and nutrition across the globe by joining the photo contest. Send in your best photos of digital agriculture technologies in action by April 16 for your chance to win prizes of $200, $300 and $500 dollars.
Worth of Award
Photos meeting the theme and requirements above will be eligible for cash prizes ranging from:
- $500 – First place
- $300 – Second place
- $200 – Third place
Questions about submission guidelines? Email [email protected]
- As part of their mission, they seek to recognize those who are utilizing digital tools to improve farming practices and accelerate the fight against poverty.
- High-resolution, high quality photos that are at least 1024 pixels or larger (tall or wide) or around 300 pixels per inch. Please send us the highest resolution version of the photo you have (at least 1 MB). If you are using Photoshop, please send only level 7 or higher compressed photos.
- Accepted formats: high quality JPG and PNG
- Only 2 photos per contestant will be accepted; if you submit more than 2, photo contest administrators will choose 2 for you
- Photos must each be an original submission (submitted by photographer or with permission)
- Photos must each include a credit: name of photographer, and names of any people featured in the photograph.
- Photos must include a robust caption, which includes a description of what is going on in the photo, who is involved, where and when it was taken (country tag is especially important), and what digital tools are being showcased. 250 words or less.
- Submit your photo as an attachment to [email protected]
How to Apply
- Please submit your photos to [email protected], including the information required below.
- All images must meet the theme of “digital agriculture.” Photos with a time stamp or logo will not be considered.
- Accepted photos will be featured on Feed the Future’s Flickr for the public to view and vote on.
- Winners will be announced and featured on USAID and Feed the Future blog and social media platforms.
Deadline: applications close April 16, 2018. They’ll notify you via email if your photo has won by early May.