PSL University in Paris, France invites applications for the Interdisciplinary Master in Life Sciences open to Students holding a foreign bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, or in another discipline, but with a demonstrated background in Life Sciences for the 2018/2019 academic year.
The Q-Life Institute of PSL for quantitative biology offers competitive Master’s scholarships (€10,000/year) to follow year 1 and /or year 2 of the Interdisciplinary Master in Life Sciences (IMaLiS) to two types of students:
- Students holding a foreign bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or in another discipline with a demonstrated background in Life Sciences,
- Students holding a French Master 1 or 2 degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Geosciences (including French engineering school students).
Interviews (live or by videoconference) will be held in May, and the establishment of the principal and waiting lists will be made at the end of May.
Worth of Award
€10,000/year) to follow year 1 and /or year 2
- Students holding a foreign bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, or in another discipline, but with a demonstrated background in Life Sciences, are eligible to IMaLiS and its scholarship program, at either the Master 1 or Master 2 levels (Master 2 applications require completion of a 4-year bachelor). The level of admission will take into account both student wishes and faculty evaluations of the candidacy. If a student is recruited at the Master 1 level, s/he may obtain a one-year scholarship that can be renewed for one additional year to cover the second year of IMaLiS. If recruitment takes place at the Master 2 level, the fellowship will be awarded for one year only. However, after completion of the Master 2 year, students are eligible to apply for additional fellowships under the auspices of the PSL Institute of Innovation and Technology or to pursue PhDs in PSL laboratories.
- Students holding a French Master 1 degree or equivalent (i.e. having completed a second year of engineering school) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Geosciences who have demonstrated interest in Life Sciences are eligible for the scholarship program and for the IMaLiS Master 1, to gain complementary training in Biology. In this case, renewal of the fellowship for continuation in the Master 2 program is not guaranteed, but can be obtained on a competitive basis.
- Students holding a French Master year 2 degree or equivalent (i.e. engineering school diploma) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Geosciences who have demonstrated interest in Life Sciences are also eligible for the scholarship program and for the IMaLiS Master 2.
How to Apply
Application for a scholarship automatically includes application to the IMaLiS Master’s programme (only one application is required). You will need to complete the PSL online application form for M1 or M2 and to upload the following documents :
• A curriculum vitae, including the coursework you have completed and details of the subjects and modules that have made up your higher education to date.
• An ID photo.
• A letter of motivation (typewritten), introducing yourself, indicating how you foresee your professional career, what the graduate program will bring you, and specifying the courses that you would like to follow, in particular if it concerns the specialized courses offered by the institutes Curie and Pasteur.
• Scans of your bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and of your undergraduate and postgraduate academic transcripts. Please supply any available official information regarding your relative ranking (e.g. top 5%) and the number of students in the class.
• Two or three letters of recommendation to be uploaded to the platform by professors or researchers who know you well.
Deadline: applications close April 15, 2018