Edith Cowan University (ECU) in Australia invites applications for the School of Medical and Health Sciences PhD Scholarship open to applicants who have been made an unconditional offer of place in an ECU higher degree by research course for the 2018/2019 academic year.
These scholarships are designed to support postgraduate students of outstanding research promise undertaking a Doctor of Philosophy program within the School of Medical and Health Sciences at ECU. The scholarship is offered on the basis of academic merit and research performance.
This scholarship is open to individuals who are future and current ECU students. In order to apply for this scholarship you must have a course application in the ECU system.
Worth of Award
The scholarship includes a stipend of $28,000 per annum for up to three years, paid fortnightly via electronic funds transfer.
To be eligible applicants must have met the minimum requirements below:
- Have been made an unconditional offer of place in an ECU higher degree by research course*
And at least one of the following:
- Completed an Australian first class Bachelor Honours Degree (H1)*.
- Completed a Master’s Degree with the equivalent of at least 6 months full time research and a minimum course weighted average of 70%*.
- A current research doctoral enrolment with a timely Confirmation of Candidature.
- Completed your first year of an ECU Integrated PhD (J42) with a minimum course weighted average of 80%*.
- Produced at least one of the research outputs below as the sole or first author
- refereed article in a scholarly journal
- refereed full written conference publication
- scholarly research book or book chapter
- commissioned or peer reviewed creative work, or refereed exhibition of creative artefacts
- creative or design work that has received respected public/industry reviews in state or national/international media;
- creative or design work that is the recipient of a grant from authorised philanthropic trusts and/or state and federal arts funding body
Special exemption from the above requirements may be granted by the Associate Dean (Research) of the relevant School where an adequate case has been made by a potential supervisor
How to Apply
- Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal.
- Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates via the web page.
Deadline: applications close 25 May 2018