Auckland University of Technology in New Zealand invites applications for the School of Hospitality and Tourism / NZTRI Doctoral Scholarships open to all eligible Domestic and International postgraduate students for the 2018/2019 academic year.
The School of Hospitality and Tourism/New Zealand Tourism Research Institute (NZTRI) Strategic Doctoral Scholarships are part of the AUT Faculty of Culture and Society Strategic Scholarships.
The purpose of these scholarships is to encourage and stimulate full-time domestic and international students in a Doctor of Philosophy for the School of Hospitality and Tourism and the New Zealand Tourism Research Institute (NZTRI).
The scholarship is awarded for a maximum of one year. There is no automatic renewal. Previous recipients may reapply to be considered for the scholarship on a contestable basis for subsequent years of study in the eligible programme.
Worth of Award
- $10,000 stipend• Tuition fees• Student Services Levy
- The scholarship is awarded for a maximum of one year. There is no automatic renewal. Previous recipients may reapply to be considered for the scholarship on a contestable basis for subsequent years of study in the eligible programme.
- The scholarships are open to all eligible Domestic and International postgraduate students. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- • Applicants must meet the entry criteria for the Doctor of Philosophy programme at AUT in the Faculty of Culture and Society.
- • Applicants must be enrolling or be enrolled in a doctoral programme of study and be prepared to commit to their research full-time in the School of Hospitality and Tourism/NZTRI.
- • The applicant’s proposed field of study must be one where the School of Hospitality and Tourism/NZTRI has the expertise and capacity to offer supervision.
How to Apply
Eligible applicants for this scholarship must apply through the online portal for the Faculty and Culture and Society Strategic Research Scholarship and state the area of study they are applying for. Applicants will be asked to upload.
• A brief curriculum vitae (CV) – a maximum of 2-3 pages
• Academic transcripts and certificates for any previous tertiary study completed at a university other than AUT University
• A brief outline of the applicant’s research proposal (no more than 2 pages including references).
• Two referees’ reports will be requested through the application portal.
• A letter of support from your proposed primary supervisor or Head of Programme must also be requested if they have not acted as a referee.
Deadline: closing date is October 15, 2018