- They will sponsor 10 young people to attend the first East and Southern Africa Menstrual Health Management Symposium in Johannesburg, South Africa on 28 and 29 May 2018.
- You will have a high-level platform and regional exposure for your solution(s).
In order to participate in the East and Southern Africa Menstrual Health Management Symposium, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- You must be aged between 18 to 35 years old.
- You must be able to demonstrate work/volunteer experience on issues related to menstrual health and management as community leaders, social entrepreneurs or advocates.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must be based in East and Southern Africa.
- You must be available to travel to South Africa from 27 to 30 May 2018.
Note: Young people, especially adolescent girls and young women, working with youth-led organizations, movements, initiatives and networks are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
- All applications need to be submitted in English. Please note that as you cannot save your application while filling in the form, it needs to be filled in and submitted all at once.
- The form is divided into several pages. We estimate it will take around 30 minutes to answer all the questions.
- Read all the questions carefully. All fields marked with * are required to be filled in.
- Do not forget to check off all the statements at the end of the application form that apply.NB: Please note that no applications from individuals working for the United Nations will be accepted.
- All applications must be received by 10 April 2018.
- The name, username and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form.
- Please ensure that you submit the form as well as the creative submission: What challenges do girls and women have in menstrual health management in your community and how have you helped address this? (Your submission may take the form of an essay, poem, photo story or video). Please share this directly to Cleopatra Okumu at [email protected]
- If you experience any technical difficulties with this application, please contact: Cleopatra Okumu at [email protected]