The Royal Agriculture College at the University College of Cirencester is offering a Master’s Degree Scholarship to Africans mainly from Southern and East Africa who are interested in the African Fellowship and Chevening Scholarship of the University for the 2013/2014 academic session.
The Royal Agriculture College works with up to ten African fellows each year from a number of countries and have worked with fellows from: Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Swaziland, Malawi, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Kenya and Cameroon to date.
Worth of Awards
Scholarships cover tuition fees, board and accommodation, flights to and from the UK, provision for networking and a short industrial placement in Africa or the UK. Applicants are advised that scholarships do not cover incidental costs whilst in the UK and are advised that they should make provision in the order of £200 pcm.
- Fellowships are offered to Africans mainly from Southern and East Africa who have experience in agriculture, food or natural resource exploitation and management; an interest in land reform; and a desire to make a strategic and sustainable contribution to Africa’s development.
- The programme is specifically linked to the MSc International Rural Development and the MSc Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security courses.
How to Apply
- Applications are made through submission of the Fellowship (see link) application form and accompanying references form.
- Further general information on Chevening scholarships can be found on the Chevening website or through the British Embassy in the eligible countries countries.
- Further guidance on applications and referees can be found on our Application Guidance page.
- Once completed, the forms should be emailed directly to the Admissions Officer ([email protected]) or posted to the address detailed on the application form.
Deadline: All applications should be sent by 7th January 2013 and if you are not successful in gaining a Chevening award, your application will still be considered for the normal African Fellowship programme.
For more information, and to apply, click here