Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU) in China invites applications for the 2018’ Belt and Road’Undergraduate Scholarship Program open to applicants who should be non-Chinese in the 2018/2019 academic session.
Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU) is an important base for conducting scientific research, inheriting cultural and academic traditions and training high-level talents in South China. Being one of the leading universities in China and the world as well, SYSU is a comprehensive multi-disciplinary university.
It enjoys a profound tradition of international cooperation and exchange in education with universities outside its home country. To improve its educational influence in the region in an overall way and to attract more students from all over the world, SYSU has set up the “Undergraduate Scholarship Programme for International Students”, in support of outstanding students from countries along the Belt and Road to pursue bachelor’s degrees at SYSU.
Worth of Award
- Liberal Arts, Economics and Managerial Science Majors: RMB 56,000 yuan/person/academic year(including tuition fee RMB 26,000 yuan/person/academic year and living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
- Science and Engineering Majors: RMB 63,800 yuan/person/academic year (including tuition fee RMB 33,800 yuan/person/academic year and living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
- Medical Science Majors: RMB 78,000 yuan/person/academic year (including tuition fee RMB 48,000 yuan/person/academic year and living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
- Applicants should be non-Chinese with a valid foreign passport, and meet requirements in the “Notice of Regulating Admission of International Students in Colleges and Universities” (83).
- Applicants should be in good health and aged between 18 to 25 (date of birth between 1st January 1993 to 30th August 2000).
- Applicants should be friendly towards China, law-abiding, studious and well-conducted, without any records of violation of Chinese laws, regulations or school rules.
- Applicants should be high school graduates, with their grades ranking among the top, or with excellence in social services, sports, music, cultural activities or leadership.
How to Apply
(1) Online application:
- Before 1st March, 2018, applicants should submit all application documents to the recommendation institutions in their home countries to obtain recommendation letters.
- Between 1st March, 2018 and 30th April, 2018, they should sign up here, sign in to fill in the application form under the “SYSU scholarship” programme in an accurate and complete manner, and upload scanned copies of all supporting documents as required (Only PDF, JPG, JPEG and PNG files are acceptable, and each file size should not exceed 2MB).
- To complete the application, applicants should click the “submit” botton
Deadline: applications close 30th April 2018