The University of California in the USA invites applications for the prestigious UCLA Achievement Scholarship open to students with academic excellence for 2018/2019 academic session.
The prestigious UCLA Achievement Scholarship is available only at UCLA in recognition of a student’s academic excellence. Entering freshmen are selected based on a comprehensive review of their university admission application by UCLA undergraduate admission.
All students who are designated by Undergraduate Admissions as the top-ranked academic admits and have demonstrated financial need, determined by their financial aid application, will be eligible to receive the scholarship.
The financial aid application will be used to verify the student’s eligibility for this scholarship. Financial need must be demonstrated in order to qualify for this award.
U.S. Citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents must submit the FAFSA by the March 2 deadline and qualify for need-based financial aid.
Worth of Award
- Awards range from $500 to $10,000 per year, based on financial need, as determined by the student’s financial aid application.
- There is no application required other than your FAFSA or DREAM Act Application.
- The Achievement Scholarship is a four-year renewable award.
- The student must complete the FAFSA or CA DREAM Act Application by March 2nd annually.
- The student must demonstrate financial need.
- The student must meet satisfactory academic standards set by Financial Aid and Scholarships.
How to Apply
- Undocumented/Dream Act Students must complete and submit the California Dream Application by the March 2 deadline and qualify for need-based financial aid. You must also qualify for an AB540 non-resident tuition waiver, as determined by the UCLA Registrar Office.
- Newly admitted freshmen who are eligible for the UCLA Achievement Scholarship will be notified by UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships of their selection on the Provisional Award Letter (PAL) received during the admission process.
- Once the student submits the Statement of Intent to Register (SIR), a Financial Aid Award Notification (FAN) will be generated in the summer (July) reflecting the student’s UCLA Achievement Scholarship eligibility.
Deadline: applications close March 2, 2018