The Baden-Württemberg Ministry for Higher Education, Research and Art invite applications for the Fellowships for Individual Doctoral Training funded open to applicants who have successfully completed a university degree (Masters level or equivalent) and admitted as doctoral candidate in the appropriate faculty at the University of Heidelberg for the 2018/2019 academic year.
The Baden-Württemberg Ministry for Higher Education, Research and Art has indicated that the funding for the Landesgraduiertenförderung Programme will be significantly reduced in 2018. As they have not yet received the authoritative information necessary for their budget planning, they are not able to foresee at this time whether they will be able to award any new fellowships this year.
As soon as they receive more information about this year’s funding allocation for the programme, they will post it on the Graduate Academy website and notify other university offices.
Worth of Award
- 1,000 € per month basic fellowship
- 110 € per month material and travel expenses
- 250 € child care benefit for one child (if applicable)
- 350 € child care benefit for one child (if applicable)
Applicants must have these criteria:
- Successfully completed university degree (Masters level or equivalent)
- Admission as a doctoral candidate in the appropriate faculty at the University of Heidelberg
- Academic supervision by a professor or associate professor
- Outstanding qualifications and a scientific project that is expected to make a significant contribution to current research
- Employment during the receipt of the fellowship must be approved and must be related to the discipline of your doctoral studies. If you are employed by Heidelberg University, no overlap between the activities carried out as part of the fellowship and those of the employment is permitted.
How to Apply
If you are applying for the first time, please follow these steps:
- Fill out and submit the online application form with the following attachments (in a single PDF file):1. Outline of your doctoral project (max. 5 pages) and a bibliography
2. Schedule for completion of the project (max. 1 page)
3. Curriculum vitae in table form
4. Qualifying university degree and certificates (copy, generally Diplom or Master; in German or English)
5. Certificate of admission as a doctoral candidate to your faculty (copy)
Deadline: applications close 30 April 2018