The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) in Italy invites applications for the Grants for Foreign Citizens and Italian Citizens living Abroad for 2018/2019 academic session.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) offers grants in favor of foreign citizens not residing in Italy and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)* for the academic year 2018-2019 in order to foster international cultural, scientific and technological cooperation, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world (According to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions).
Grants are offered to pursue study, training, and/or research programs at Italian Higher Education Institutes, both public and legally recognised. The list of eligible foreign countries can be found here.
Worth of Award
Grantees will receive a 900 Euros monthly allowance on a quarterly basis, which will be paid on their Italian bank account.
Applicants who will meet the following requirements by the deadline of this call (April 30th, 2018) may apply for a grant
- Applications must only be submitted by foreign students not residing in Italy and by Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to the Italian University/Institute. https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/en/Recognition-of-qualification.
- Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture Courses should not be over 28 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applicants for PhD Programmes should not be over 30 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should not be over 40 years old by the deadline of this call.
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete and submit the online application form available upon registration at the following link: studyinitaly.esteri.it
- Applications must be submitted by 2 pm (Central European Time) April 30th, 2018.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Deadline: applications close April 30th, 2018