The Trustees of the True Colours Trust invites applications for the Palliative Care Development in Africa: Small Grants Programme 2018 open to only registered hospices and/or palliative care providers across Africa in any setting of care.
The Trustees of the True Colours Trust have set aside funds towards a small grants programme for hospices and palliative care providers across Africa to support the development of palliative care.
All funding decisions are made by the Trustees of the True Colours Trust, who meet twice a year to review applications. Applications and approved grants are administered by the African Palliative Care Association. Funding is primarily for one-off projects, with a duration of no more than one year. The size of grants ranges from £500- £5,000.
Worth of Award
The size of grants ranges from £500- £5,000.
- Only registered hospices and/or palliative care providers in any setting of care can apply.
- Available to as many organisations as possible.
How to Apply
- The deadline for applications this year will be 01st March and 01st September respectively. Trustees will then review applications in April and October. Trustees will only consider appeals made by completing the small grants application form. Should you require additional support or information while developing the proposals you can contact the Small Grants Officer at APCA by telephone +256 312 264978 or email at: [email protected] or [email protected]
- Please attach all required documents to this application form. Incomplete applications risk not being considered.
All applicants must include the following documents with their application:
- A copy of the registration of your organisation confirming that it is a legal entity in the country of operation.
- Reference letter from a relevant local hospice and palliative care organisation, ministry of health or any other credible network organisation e.g. cancer society, hospital, academic institution. Proof of employment with the organisation of the person responsible for the project.
- Proof of registration of the person responsible with the relevant professional body/council such as the Medical Association where applicable.
- A copy of a valid work permit if the responsible person is not a national.
- Current audited accounts. In the absence of current audited accounts, please provide an explanation of why it is not possible to provide accounts and instead submit an annual statement of income and expenditure.
- Detailed project budget using the attached template. (The budget should be provided both in the local currency and GBP currency, indicating the date of currency conversion and rate used)
- A copy of the organisation structure if available. Alternatively, a summary list of staff positions in the organisation indicating number of people per position.
- Curriculum vitae (CVs) of the key institutional contact, the person responsible for project coordination and for the person responsible for finance management of the project.
If applying for training courses, please also include the following:
- Completed training sheet for activities involving training using the attached template.
- If applying for the purchase of equipment, medicines or materials, please also include the following:
- A minimum of three quotes for proposed equipment purchases if applicable indicating the preferred quote and reasons for this.
Please note that they receive a large number of applications and some applications will therefore be unsuccessful. They will endeavour to communicate the trustees’ decision to all applicants within two months of the closing date.
Deadline: applications close March 1, and September 1, 2018