EQUALS Global Partners invites applications for the 2018 EQUALS in Tech Awards open to civil society, government agencies, UN system and international organizations, companies and academia to celebrate projects that help women and girls cross the digital divide.
The 2018 EQUALS in Tech Awards will be held later this year. Details will be announced in the coming weeks. The prestigious international award ceremony is hosted by EQUALS Partners – with the valuable support of a growing list of leading corporate and media sponsors.
Please note that this year, the 2018 EQUALS in Tech Awards welcomes the introduction of a fourth category to the awards – research. As EQUALS strives to prioritize and implement an evidence-based approach in our work, the new research category highlights the importance information and data in closing the digital gender divide. Furthermore, under the leadership category, we have introduced an award to specifically recognize the efforts of tech companies in this endeavor.
- ACCESS: Improving women and girls’ digital technology access, connectivity and security
- SKILLS: Supporting development of science, technology, engineering and math skills of women and girls
1. Promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
2. Initiatives promoted by tech sector companies to bridge the digital gender divide
- RESEARCH: Initiatives working to expand digital gender divide knowledge in support of evidence-based decision-making
Worth of Award
- Gain recognition and international visibility for your innovative work
- Engage with diverse stakeholders and network with potential partners, including prospective donors
- Share knowledge and best practices with like-minded audiences
- Become a part of the growing EQUALS community
- The awards are open to civil society, government agencies, UN system and international organizations, companies and academia.
- Nominate yourself or others who have done exceptional work to bridge the digital gender divide.
How to Apply
- Download the nomination guideline and apply online via their website. See link below.
Deadline: Submission of nomination is open. Deadline to be announced.