The 2013/2014 Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme (MNAUSS) invites applications from African student for Master’s and PhD scholarships tenable in reputable Indian universities starting from July 2013. The Scheme received support under the Africa-India strategic partnership for some special scholarships in the field of Agriculture for Africans working in African institutions of higher learning and research. The Africa-India Capacity Building Scholarship Programme comprises:
- Capacity Building Master’s Degree Scholarship
- Special University Lecturers PhD Fellowship Programme
To be eligible for the Africa-India Fellowship Programme, a candidate must:
- Be a National/Citizen of an African Union Member State
- Have good knowledge of English
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts
- Have at least two (2) years post-graduation work experience
- Be willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of study for at least three (3) years.
An applicant for Master’s Programme must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be under the age of thirty five (35) years
- Be a holder of a four year Bachelor’s Degree in respective field of Agriculture, at least Upper Second Class Honours.
An applicant for PhD Programme must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be under the age of forty five (45) years
- Be a holder of a high quality Master’s Degree in respective field of Agriculture.
Duration of Course
- The Master’s programme is of two years whereas the Ph.D. is a three year programme
- No fellowship will be provided for any extended period to complete the degree due to what-so-ever reason.
Worth of Scholarship (please read carefully)
- 12,000 Indian Rupees per month (for the two-year Master’s programme)
- 15,000 Indian Rupees per month (for the three-year doctoral programme)
- All expenditure towards tuition fee, hostel fee, mess, medical, contingency and travel within country etc. during the course will be borne by the student utilizing the fellowship amount
- The cost of air ticket and visa will be paid through the Indian Mission in the respective African Country.
How to Apply
- Download the application form from the scholarship site and complete it (see link below)
The applicants should submit their formal application form (in English only) and include the following:
- Application letter.
- A recent passport-size photograph
- Summarized CV indicating date of birth, nationality, work experience, and names and contacts of three referees.
- Certified copies of university diplomas/degrees.
- Photocopies of academic transcripts.
- Certified copies of the syllabus of courses covered in university/college attended
- Brief description of applicant’s research project proposal with a maximum of 1000 words (only for PhD Candidates).
- Two (2) Reference Letters with contact addresses.
- Photo-copy of the Data-Page of their Travel Passport.
Three (3) sets of hard copies of the above documents must be sent by post to the address below.
Mwalimu Nyerere Scholarship programme,
African Union Commission,
P.O. Box 3243,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
In addition applicants must scan and produce electronic copies of all the above documents (convert to PDF format) along with the Application Form and EXCEL Applicants’ Data Sheet; and send to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Copy your email to [email protected] and [email protected]
Deadline: February 28, 2013
For more information about the scholarship, and to apply, click here
To download the application form, click here