ICTP and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Italy invite applications for the Masters in High-Performance Computing Scholarships open to applicants from developing countries for 2021/2022 academic session.
The Programme in High-Performance Computing is a cutting-edge curriculum designed to prepare students for the rapidly growing field of high-performance computing. Set in the stimulating research environment of ICTP and SISSA, the programme combines lectures with hands-on and applied projects to prepare future HPC specialists for academia and industry.
MHPC coursework is driven by challenging scientific and technical problems that require an HPC approach. Lectures are provided by ICTP and SISSA staff and highly recognized international experts. Both institutes have long histories and experience in developing and applying scientific and research computation models.
Students who successfully complete the program will be able to address problems requiring advanced computational techniques in multiple domains and communicate HPC technological issues in all scientific and industrial environments
Worth of Award
- Should you wish to follow the master course without a sponsor, the fee for attending the full course is € 7.000. Details about payment methods and schedules will be communicated to the selected students.
- ICTP offers fellowships to candidates coming from Developing Countries: it covers the MHPC tuition fee, cost-of-living expenses and a return ticket from the origin country.
- The ideal student for the MHPC has a strong interest in information technology problems driven by scientific research or industrial needs.
- English is the official language of the Master.
- An academic Master Degree is required, although equivalent work experience may also be considered. Work experience will be evaluated during the admissions interview.
- No prior HPC knowledge is assumed, but candidates should have some experience in programming and competence in one of the following languages: C, C++, Fortran.
- Sound knowledge of the Linux operating system is also needed.
- Knowledge of Python language is assumed at the level of the first 39 exercises of the learn python the hard way.
How to Apply
- The application procedure is available online at www.mhpc.it.
Deadline: applications close July 9, 2021, at 11:59 am.