ICTP and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Italy invite applications for the Masters in High-Performance Computing Scholarships open to applicants from developing countries for 2018/2019 academic session.
The Master in High-Performance Computing (MHPC) programme, coordinated by ICTP and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA), is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The Programme in High-Performance Computing is a cutting-edge curriculum designed to prepare students for the rapidly growing field of high-performance computing. Set in the stimulating research environment of ICTP and SISSA, the programme combines lectures with hands-on and applied projects to prepare future HPC specialists for academia and industry.
MHPC coursework is driven by challenging scientific and technical problems that require an HPC approach. Lectures are provided by ICTP and SISSA staff and highly recognized international experts. Both institutes have long histories and experience in developing and applying scientific and research computation models.
Students who successfully complete the program will be able to address problems requiring advanced computational techniques in multiple domains and communicate HPC technological issues in all scientific and industrial environments
Worth of Award
- Should you wish to follow the master course without a sponsor, the fee for attending the full course is € 7.000. Details about payment methods and schedules will be communicated to the selected students.
- ICTP offers fellowships to candidates coming from Developing Countries: it covers the MHPC tuition fee, cost-of-living expenses and a return ticket from the origin country.
- Students will work on a new HPC cluster with more than 4000 cores based on the newest technology. This allows student to gain direct experience in a production environment and to explore characteristics and configurations of an HPC cluster.
- The ideal student for the MHPC has a strong interest in information technology problems driven by scientific research or industrial needs.
- An academic Master Degree is required, although equivalent work experience may also be considered. Work experience will be evaluated during the admissions interview.
- No prior HPC knowledge is assumed, but candidates should have some experience in programming and a competence in one of the following languages: C, C++, Fortran.
- A sound knowledge of Linux operating system is also needed.
- A knowledge of Python language is assumed at the level of the first 39 exercises of the learn python the hard way
How to Apply
- Online form for applications for full ICTP scholarship (only available for candidates from Developing Countries) now open!
- Send your application: https://e-applications.ictp.it/applicant/login/2987
Deadline: applications close April 20, 2018