The Western Union Foundation invites applications for the WU Scholarship Program open to students who are pursuing a post-secondary education for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program, also referred to as WU Scholars, is a program designed to support young people and their efforts to pursue a post-secondary education.
The Institute of International Education, Inc. (IIE), a US private not-for-profit organization, administers the program on behalf of the Western Union Foundation and its contributors.
Worth of Award
- Selected scholarship recipients will receive USD $2,500 each to contribute toward tuition or school fees at an accredited post-secondary institution and will be selected based on criteria relating to the program’s three pillars: Perseverance, Aspiration, and Community.
- All applicants for scholarships must be between the ages of 18 – 26 years of age on June 1, 2018.
- Application must be submitted in English. Translation services may be used to help non-English speakers submit. You will not be penalized for basic errors.
- Must be able to demonstrate admittance to an accredited post-secondary institution or have applied for admittance.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor. If a teacher or professor is unable to submit a recommendation on your behalf, you may also use someone who has supervised you in a youth/community group, volunteer position, job/employment situation, etc.
- Scholarships must be used on programs resulting in an undergraduate degree. Specialized academic programs (study abroad term, stand-alone language acquisition course, service learning, etc.) are not permitted.
- Scholarships may not be used for advanced degrees, such as Masters, PhD, JD, etc.
- Scholarships may be used for tuition or school fees during the academic term immediately following scholarship winner selections (estimated in July). Funds cannot be used for room and board or for school supplies.
- Immediate family members of controlling officers in Western Union, any of its affiliates and non-affiliated nonprofit entities, or its Agents are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program. All other employees and their family members who meet the other eligibility requirements may apply.
How to Apply
- Apply online
- Please complete the eligibility questions before completing the full scholarship application.
Deadline: applications close April 12, 2018