The University of Arizona in USA invites applications for the International Freshmen Scholarship Awards with SAT or ACT open to undergraduate students for the 2018/2019 academic year.
In recognition for students who exhibit an outstanding academic performance, the University of Arizona offers the International Tuition Award which offers $4,000 – $24,000 per academic year for freshman OR $5,000 per academic year for transfer students. A limited number of merit-based scholarships may be awarded to admitted students for Fall 2018.
Worth of Award
Freshman Award Amounts and Coverage
- $4,000 – $24,000; amounts for continuing students will remain the same as the initial offer.
- Scholarships are renewable for 4 years (8 consecutive semesters) for freshmen.
Transfer Award Amounts and Coverage
- $5,000; amounts for continuing students will remain the same as the initial offer.
- Scholarships are renewable for 2 years (4 consecutive semesters) for transfer students.
- Must verify your lawful presence as described under Arizona’s Proposition 300.
Semesters without lawful presence verified will be lost and counted against the scholarship’s total eight semesters.
- Awards are for undergraduate studies only.
- Meet the criteria from the charts above.
- In addition to the criteria above, submit a complete application and all required documents for admission by April 1 for Fall 2018.
- Scholarship recipients must accept their award by paying their enrollment fee by May 1 for freshmen and by June 1 for transfer students.
- Sponsored students are not eligible. However, if sponsorship is for years two – four only, a one time award may be applied per the charts above.
- Non-degree seeking, exchange, and conditionally admitted students are not eligible.
How to Apply
An application for admission serves as an application for the scholarship. Apply online via their website. See link below.
Deadline: applications close as follows:
April 1: Submit a complete application and all required documents for admission by April 1 for Fall 2018. Documents submitted after April 1 will not be used for scholarship consideration.
May 1: Freshman scholarship recipients must accept their award by paying their enrollment fee by May 1, 2018.
June 1: Transfer scholarship recipients must accept their award by paying their enrollment fee by June 1, 2018.
Click here for more details and to apply