The United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) invites applications for an Internship Programme, they accept unpaid interns on an ad hoc basis.
The purpose of the Programme is to offer students from diverse academic backgrounds an educational experience through practical work assignments within the international environment of the UN while offering the United Nations the assistance of qualified students specializing in various professional fields.
Worth of Award
- United Nations interns are not paid.
- All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions
1. Applicants to the UNICRI internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in 3.1 (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
2. A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the United Nations. An applicant who bears to a staff member any other family relationship may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member.
Also, please bear in mind that:
- United Nations interns are not paid. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation and living expenses must be borne by either the interns or their sponsoring institutions;
- Selected candidates are responsible for obtaining the necessary visas and for arranging their travel;
- Interns are responsible for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship and must show proof of a valid major global medical insurance coverage.
How to Apply
Online applications will be automatically acknowledged where an e-mail address has been provided. Please note that you will receive two (2) confirmation e-mails:
1. First e-mail confirms your registration
2. Second e-mail confirms your application for an internship. This e-mail will be sent after the successful submission of your application.
Deadline: applications are open