Bayer Career in USA invites applications for the Phytopathology Intern open to applicants with Bachelor’s Degree in plant pathology, plant biology, applied biology, microbiology, molecular biology or similar and currently enrolled in a graduate program seeking a Master’s or PhD.
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s)
The primary responsibilities of this role, Phytopathology Intern, are to:
- Assess and summarize relevant scientific literature;
- Develop functional sampling scheme for plant material;
- Produce culture media to support microbe growth and development;
- Isolate and culture of microbes;
- Conduct nucleic acid isolations ensuring quality and purity;
- Amplify diagnostic loci using PCR techniques or Real-time PCR platform;
- Analyze and quantify sample organisms collected;
- Design, perform, evaluate and analyze experiments;
- Data and information management;
- Communication of progress and findings.
Worth of Award
- At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where they value the passion of their employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
A highlight of some of these benefits include: medical coverage, prescription drug reimbursement, dental coverage, vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, life insurance, a savings and retirement plan.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in plant pathology, plant biology, applied biology, microbiology, molecular biology or similar and currently enrolled in a graduate program seeking a Master’s or PhD;
- Foundational understanding of applied sciences, molecular biology, molecular plant pathology and/or biotechnology;
- Knowledge of methods and equipment used by a plant pathologist and/or microbiologist;
- Communication, coordination and execution skills;
- Flexibility to work within a team, but capability to work independently;
- Attention to detail, organization and responsibility;
- Computer software skills: MS Office and databases.
- Data collection, analysis & interpretation skills;
- Experience with statistics.
*Relocation assistance may be provided
How to Apply
- They encourage you to apply now.
- Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.
- To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.