The Ministry of Education, China invites applications for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program in Huazong University of Science and Technology(HUST) which is a full scholarship open to outstanding international students for postgraduate studies in China in the 2019/2020 academic year.
Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to enroll outstanding international students for postgraduate studies in China. HUST is one of the higher education institutions designated to undertake this program.
HUST follows the opening policy as its guideline, engaged in comprehensive, multi-level international exchanges and cooperation. Currently, HUST has entered into partnerships with more than 100 renowned universities and research institutions of 26 countries and regions, such as the United States, Great Britain, and Germany, etc. Annually more than 1,500 talented foreign scholars come to give lectures.
Worth of Award
This is a full scholarship which covers:
- Tuition waiver;
- Medical insurance
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than P. R. China, and be in good health;
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
How to Apply
Step 1. Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students (Visit: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina), submit online and click “print the application form” for the next step.
(The Program Category is B, and the Agency No. is 10487.)
Step 2. Complete the online application procedure in HUST at http://admission.hust.edu.cn, choose “I am applying for scholarship at HUST” and submit the documents required as follows:
- <Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship>
- Highest diploma
- Academic transcripts
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (in Chinese or English)
- Two Recommendation Letters signed by professor/associate professor (in Chinese or English)
- Valid Language Proficiency Certificate (if available)
- Acceptance Letter from the professor//associate professor of HUST (if available)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (not required for applicants in China)
• The graduate students in 2019 may submit an official document issued by the current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
• The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician or the official stamp of the hospital would be considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
Step 3. Upon receipt of the system notification, please pay the application fee (RMB600) online. For the other payment methods, please refer to http://iso.hust.edu.cn/index.php/Admissions/Fee. The application fee is non-refundable.
Deadline: Application closes March 31, 2019.