The American University in Cairo, Egypt invites applications for the Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor Scholarship Fund open to qualified Egyptian students for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The American University in Cairo offers institutional financial aid awards in the form of grants to students who face financial difficulties in paying the entire tuition fees.
Undergraduate students who were granted financial aid do not have to renew their applications as long as they maintain their eligibility. They should only reapply if they received temporary financial aid awards and wish to renew their awards.
Worth of Award
- Undergraduate students receive grants in the form of fixed amounts to partially reduce tuition fees.
- These amounts will most likely remain constant throughout the course of study at AUC (unless otherwise notified) as long as the student remains eligible for financial aid.
- Be enrolled in thanawiya amma in the AY 2017 – 2018
- Public or private national high school graduate with a demonstrated financial need
- An active member in school activities or in the local community
- A minimum score of 95 percent in thanawiya amma in the science division and 90 percent in the non-science division
- Adequate English-language skills as demonstrated by the IELTS/iBT exam
- Adequate communication skills
- Orientation and commitment to public service
- Potential for further leadership development
How to Apply
To apply, These are the application requirements:
- Program application
- Financial aid application
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- A letter from the school’s administration identifying the type of school (i.e., governmental, private or experimental)
- Official copy of third preparatory, first secondary and second secondary high-school certificates
- Official copy of the thanawiya amma certificate upon the announcement of the grades
- Proof of extracurricular activities ( i.e. copy of certificates)
- Recent official valid IELTS test results, with a minimum score of 6 in both writing and total score or a TOEFL iBT score of 76 and 20 for writing
Send the above documents using registered mail with notification request to:
Office of Student Financial Affairs and Scholarships
AUC Avenue, P.O. Box 74, New Cairo 11835, Egypt
Deadline to receive required documents is June 7, 2018.