The University of Leeds in UK invites applications for the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council(EPSRC)Doctoral Prize Fellowship open to PhD candidates in 2019.
The EPSRC Doctoral Prize scheme supports Fellowships of two years’ duration for exceptional researchers who have been in receipt of EPSRC funding (fees and/or maintenance) during their PhD.
Your research area must come under the EPSRC remit.
These prestigious Fellowships are designed to support you in the development of your independent research and innovation career. As part of the programme, we will offer you flexible support, including induction, mentoring and career development planning. You will also be assigned a mentor and a formal supervisor appropriate to your area of research.
Worth of Award
£33,199 to £39,609 p.a.
Appointments will be made at spinal point 30 (£33,199 p.a.), plus a £13,000 grant as additional funding for outreach
- To be eligible for this year’s scheme candidates must have a PhD (awarded after October 2018), or have sat their viva or submitted their thesis for examination between 1 October 2018 and 30 September 2019.
- All EPSRC–supported postgraduate researchers (PGRs) are encouraged to apply
- If you have already been offered or hold a professional research or academic-related position, you will be considered to have achieved the aims of this programme and as such will not be eligible.
How to Apply
You can apply for this role by submitting your application to Postgraduate Scholarships
at Leeds, email: [email protected] Applications should be submitted by
Your application should include:
- An EPSRC Doctoral Prize 2019 Application Form;
- A detailed curriculum vitae, including full academic history, research, and
publications to date;
- Two references, one of which to be from the principal PhD supervisor. The
references must be signed and sent as .pdf documents to [email protected];
- A signed supporting statement from the relevant Head of School/Institute indicating how the fellowship plans would fit with the School/Institute’s strategy. This statement must be obtained from the Head of School/Institute as a .pdf document and returned by the Head of School/Institute to [email protected]
- To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Caroline Neave, Postgraduate Scholarships Manager
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 4894
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: applications close by Monday April 08, 2019.