CcHUB invites applications for the 2018 Giving4Good challenge in Nigeria which focuses on the innovative, technology-driven solutions targeted at the constraints that CSO’s and NGO’s face when it comes to attracting individual philanthropy.
CcHUB is running the Giving4Good challenge which will explore the ways CSO’s and NGO’s use technology to raise funds from individuals and donor organizations in both local and international/diaspora communities.
The constraints of individual philanthropy in Nigeria revolve around three major themes: Transparency & Accountability, Effective Communication, Ease of donating.
The Challenge aims to bring technologists and civil society groups together, to develop mobile-based innovative platforms that can help address the constraints of individual philanthropy in Nigeria.
Worth of Award
- The top 3 ideas will receive combined funding of up to £35,000 towards the execution of the idea. Further Pre-Incubation support will be provided via the Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) Pre-Incubation services.
- Over the subsequent six months, the top three ideas will be supported with a range of services focused on product development, distribution and business modeling to turn their ideas into fully working products to launch in late 2018.
The Giving4Good Challenge is open to social innovators, and teams or individuals with early-stage ideas who are of Nigerian citizenship living in Nigeria.
- They invite innovative, technology-driven solutions targeted at the constraints that CSO’s and NGO’s face when it comes to attracting individual philanthropy. Ideas should be focused on one of the following questions:
- How might we increase the transparency of NGO’s and CSO’s reporting, to gain trust and encourage more individual donations in Nigeria?
How might we effectively communicate the emotional appeal of causes supported by NGO’s and CSO’s, in order to trigger more individual philanthropy in Nigeria?
- How might we leverage technology to facilitate the ease of donating to NGO’s and CSO’s in Nigeria?
- They invite proposals from software developers, academics and entrepreneurs from across the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
- Through the challenge, they hope to find social innovators across Nigeria, supporting them to develop their ideas and to scale leveraging digital technology.
How to Apply
- They invite individuals and groups (not more than 3) to submit ideas of applications, technologies, tools, services or any other kind of digital innovation. They’re particularly keen to hear great ideas for addressing the issues regarding Fundraising by CSO’s and NGO’s. These ideas could be related but not limited to financial inclusion, agriculture and education.
- Ideas may be totally brand new or extensions of existing products and services. They are open to all ideas as long as they are innovative and provide solutions to the listed challenges.
- The three best ideas submitted will be shortlisted by a panel of experts for prototype development during the Pre-Incubation process from June to December 2018.
- Winners will be contacted by email. Due to the volume of submissions they anticipate, only semi-finalists (top 10 ideas) will be notified once a selection has taken place.
Deadline: applications close 13th April, 2018