The Institut Français des Pays-Bas offers several scholarships for students enrolled in Dutch higher education wishing to follow a master’s degree in France in the 2018-2019 academic session.
The Descartes Excellence Scholarships are reserved for students with a serious, coherent and motivated study project in France. It is therefore essential to be well informed about the possibilities to study in France before applying for a scholarship.
Students are invited to contact Campus France Netherlands ([email protected]) if they wish to receive information on higher education in France.
Worth of Award
- Monthly allowance: Approximately 600€/month for 10 months
- Coverage of tuition fees (within the limit of 5,000€) and social security.
- Various advantages linked to the status of French government scholarship holder (housing subsidy, cultural activities…)
- students with at least a Dutch Bachelor’s degree enrolled in a Dutch higher education institution.
- All nationalities are eligible (except French nationality)
- All disciplines are concerned:
- – basic and exact sciences,
- – technical disciplines and engineering sciences,
- – law, economics, social and human sciences, international trade, management,
- – French language and literature, history, art history, etc…
- According to the initiative of the President of the French Republic Make our Planet Great Again, applications in a field related to climate change (agriculture, Big Data, biology, chemistry, environmental law and policy, water and waste management, energy, health, earth sciences, etc.) are encouraged.
- Level of French: French is not compulsory, it will be assessed according to the training chosen and the language of instruction.
How to Apply
The application needs to include (in French or in English) :
- application form (Download on the right of the article in the “files”)
- cover letter, specifying how the study project in France is related to the academic and professional projects of the applicant
- copies of university degrees and transcripts of records (with grades)
- two letters of recommendation from a teacher or professional
The application form can be downloaded on this website and can also be requested by writing to [email protected]
These documents must be sent by post to
Ambassade de France aux Pays-Bas
Anna Paulownastraat 76
2518BJ Den Haag
And by email to [email protected]
The pre-selected candidates will present their applications to a jury, composed of representatives from the academic world, the French Embassy in the Netherlands, the Institut Français des Pays-Bas and/or companies, at a later date (mid-May).
Deadline: applications close 29 April at 6 p. m. (Paris time)