The Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program, also referred to as WU Scholars is open to applicants who must be pursuing a degree/field of study in one of the following categories: science, technology, engineering, mathematics and business for the 2018/2019 academic session.
This is a program designed to support young people and their efforts to pursue a post-secondary education.
The Institute of International Education, Inc. (IIE), a US non-profit, administers the program on behalf of the Western Union Foundation and its contributors.
Worth of Award
Selected scholarship recipients will receive USD $2,500 each to contribute toward tuition or school fees at an accredited post-secondary institution and will be selected based on criteria relating to the program’s three pillars: Perseverance, Aspiration, and Community.
- Scholarships must be used at an accredited post-secondary institution seeking an undergraduate degree.
- All applicants must be pursuing a degree/field of study in one of the following categories: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/entrepreneurship.
- All applicants for scholarships must be between the ages of 18 – 26 years of age on June 1, 2018.
- Scholarships must be used on programs resulting in an undergraduate degree. Specialized academic programs (study abroad term, stand-alone language acquisition course, service learning, etc.) are not permitted.
- Scholarships may not be used for advanced degrees, such as Masters, PhD, JD, etc.
- Scholarships may be used for tuition or school fees during the academic term immediately following scholarship winner selections (estimated in July). Funds cannot be used for room and board or for school supplies.
- Immediate family members of controlling officers in Western Union, any of its affiliates and non-affiliated nonprofit entities, or its Agents are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program. All other employees and their family members who meet the other eligibility requirements may apply.
How to Apply
- Apply online via their website. See link below.
- The application must be submitted in English. Translation services may be used to help non-English speakers submit. You will not be penalized for basic errors.
Deadline: application closes Friday, April 13, 2018 at 12:00pm EST