Institute for Agri-Food Research and Innovation (IAFRI), a joint venture between Fera Science Ltd and Newcastle University invites applications for the PhD Studentships at Newcastle University, UK for the 2018/2019 academic session. Applicants must have or expect to achieve, a first-class or upper-second-class honours degree in a relevant subject or international equivalent.
Worth of Award
- 100% tuition fees at UK/EU rate plus an annual stipend of £14,553 (subject to Research Council UK increase for 2018/19 entry).
- Successful non-EU international students will be required to make up the difference between the UK/EU fees and international fees.
- You must have, or expect to achieve, a first-class or upper-second-class honours degree in a relevant subject or international equivalent.
- This award is available to UK/EU and International candidates.
- If English is not your first language, you must have IELTS 6.5 with at least 5.5 in each component.
How to Apply
You must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application form.
Only mandatory fields need to be completed. However, you will need to include the following information:
• insert the programme code 8010F in the programme of study section
• select ‘PhD in Agriculture and Rural Development (FT) – Food and Nutrition’ as the programme of study
• insert the studentship code nes003 in the studentship/partnership reference field
• attach a covering letter and CV. The covering letter must state the title of the project (eg Project 10 – Diatom Recording Using Metabarcoding (DRUM)) , quote reference code nes003 and state how your interests and experience relate to the project
• attach degree transcripts and certificates and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualifications
- You should also send a covering letter and CV to Mr Steven Hall (e-mail to [email protected])
- They encourage students to apply for a maximum of TWO projects.
- The online application system will only allow one application for an IAFRI studentship. If you are applying for TWO projects then you will need to e-mail Postgraduate Admissions [email protected] and Steven Hall [email protected] with the following information:
- your applicant number (from the first project application)
- the second project title
- a two page covering letter for the second project
Deadline: applications close midnight on Saturday 31 March 2018 (BST). Interviews will take place during April/May 2018