The Orange Entrepreneur Club invites applications for the Orange Social Venture Prize 2018 open to contestants from the eligible countries of Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Botswana, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Mali, Guinea Conakry, Guinea Bissau, Madagascar, Niger, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Jordan and Burkina Faso.
The contest aims to reward the best innovative and socially responsible business projects in Africa and the Middle East. This 8th edition unfolds in two phases: first the candidates participate to a national competition, then an international jury gives a grand prize to the best national winners. At both the national and international step, the viewers of this site can vote to add a name to the jury shortlist. Don’t wait anymore, go for it, apply!
The Prize is awarded to three entrepreneurs or startups created less than three years ago that offer high-tech solutions based on mobiles or the Internet to meet the needs of the poorest populations in Africa and the Middle-East. The Award embodies the Group’s values and commitments in the MEA region.
Worth of Award
- 1st Grand Prize: €25,000
- 2nd Grand Prize: €15,000
- 3rd Grand Prize: €10,000
Orange experts provide the winners with customised digital mentoring and advice. These international awards complete the various prizes delivered locally to national winners.
- Entrepreneurs over the age of 21 and start-ups operating for less than three years can qualify for the Prize.
- There are no nationality requirements.
- The projects must be implemented in one of the following countries in which Orange operates in Africa and the Middle-East, and listed in the Contest Rules.
- The eligible countries are: Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Botswana, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Mali, Guinea Conakry, Guinea Bissau, Madagascar, Niger, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Jordan and Burkina Faso.
- The jury will consider the social and environmental impact of the projects, their degree of innovation, the possibility of expanding the product or service to several countries and the financial viability and feasibility of the projects submitted.
How to Apply
- To enter the contest, you need to fill in the registration form. You need to provide a picture (logo, photo, etc.), the business plan in a PDF file (which will not be published) and a small public description of the project.
- Pick your country and participate to the Orange Social Venture Prize Afr
- Beware: in order to validate your registration, you have to submit a presentation of your project.
In your file you must answer to the elements below:
- Synthetically present the project (1000 to 2000 characters)
- Analyze the market
- Explain why the project answers to the identified need
- Introduce the management team
- Present the financial forecasts
- Assess the societal and/or environmental impact
Deadline: applications close May 31, 2018. Registration March 1 – May 31. National vote June 1 – July 2. International vote September 25 – October 3.