The Orange Entrepreneur Club invites applications for the Orange Social Venture Prize for Africa and the Middle East in 2019.
The new edition of the contest, for the ninth year in a row, is looking for the best business venture projects using technological innovation in the service of the society and/or the environment.
The Prize is awarded to three entrepreneurs or startups created less than three years ago that offer high-tech solutions based on mobiles or the Internet to meet the needs of the poorest populations in Africa and the Middle-East. The Award embodies the Group’s values and commitments in the MEA region.
It was launched in 2011 and was a major event for the teams at our subsidiaries in the region. This year, it evolves in order to reward more startups: a first phase of national competitions will take place in the participating Orange countries and each country will designate 3 national winners who will compete automatically at the International Grand Prix.
Worth of Award
- 1st Grand Prize: €25,000
- 2nd Grand Prize: €15,000
- 3rd Grand Prize: €10,000
- Orange experts provide the winners with customised digital mentoring and advice. These international awards complete the various prizes delivered locally to national winners.
- If you are an entrepreneur with a project or a project idea to be deployed in one of the 18 participating countries, you can apply to the Orange Social Venture Prize Africa and Middle East, starting today and for the next three months.
- Entrepreneurs over the age of 21 and start-ups operating for less than three years can qualify for the Prize.
- There are no nationality requirements.
- The projects must be implemented in one of the following countries in which Orange operates in Africa and the Middle-East, and listed in the Contest Rules.
- The eligible countries are: Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Botswana, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Mali, Guinea Conakry, Guinea Bissau, Madagascar, Niger, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Jordan and Burkina Faso.
- The jury will consider the social and environmental impact of the projects, their degree of innovation, the possibility of expanding the product or service to several countries and the financial viability and feasibility of the projects submitted.
How to Apply
- To enter the contest, you need to fill in the registration form. You need to provide a picture (logo, photo, etc.), the business plan in a PDF file (which will not be published) and a small public description of the project.
- Pick your country and participate in the Orange Social Venture Prize Africa
- Beware: in order to validate your registration, you have to submit a presentation of your project.
In your file you must answer to the elements below:
- Synthetically present the project (1000 to 2000 characters)
- Analyze the market
- Explain why the project answers to the identified need
- Introduce the management team
- Present the financial forecasts
- Assess the societal and/or environmental impact
Deadline: applications close May 30, 2019.