The Global Campus of Human Rights at Centre for Human Right, the University of Pretoria in South Africa offers the fourth edition of the GC Visual Contest, open to photographers and video-makers, professionals and amateurs, from any part of the world.
Global Campus Visual Contest is the contest of photography and video-making, organised by the Global Campus of Human Rights.
- The theme for 2018 is “Diversity and Inclusion”.
- Our societies are increasingly diverse in terms of values, beliefs not to mention characteristics like gender, sexual orientation, culture, language, and more. Inclusion is how we try to bring out the unique strengths of individuals, groups and institutions.
- Evidence shows that by adopting and integrating inclusive practices and policies, and by managing them well, institutions and the people within them thrive. The GC Visual Contest originates from the belief that photography and videos are powerful tools that can raise awareness and push for social change. Furthermore, the purpose of this contest is to create a network of artists, intellectuals and professionals interested in strengthening the protection of human rights and the promotion of democracy and peace.
Worth of Award
- The best pictures and short videos could receive special mentions by the partners of the contest and will be presented at the events of the Regional Masters of the Global Campus in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Caucasus, Latin America and the Caribbean, Middle East and North Africa, South East Europe.
- photographers and video-makers, professional and amateur, from all over the world to submit their work.
- The goal of the contest is to create synergies between academia, Human Rights defenders and artists to reach a wider international public and foster a better understanding of the issues concerning human rights and their protection.
This initiative is funded by the European Union and receives the patronage of the United Nations Regional Information centre for Western Europe (UNRIC). You can follow the visual contest with the hashtag #GlobalCampusVisualContest #GCHumanRights #diversity #inclusion on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and Instagram.
How to Apply
- During the entry period, you can submit your photo by uploading it on their website. Entries submitted by e-mail or regular post will not be accepted.
- The number of images submitted by each participant is restricted to one.
- The uploaded image must be in digital format, longest dimension should not exceed 1900 pixels (minimum 800px width), JPEG/72 dpi recommended. Selected candidates must be able to provide a high resolution digital file (minimum 2000px wide at 300dpi) for publication or display purposes related to the contest.
- Read carefully the regulation and fill the online entry form.
- All entries must be accompanied by:
– name and surname of the photographer
– date of birth
– country of residenc
– a description (maximum 100 words in English) of the submitted material explaining how the image represents the theme “Memory and reconciliation”
– a caption to include the object, date, location
Deadline: applications close 4th May 2018.