Czech Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sport, Charles University, invites applications for a limited number of partial scholarships for students of all fee-based programs in academic year 2019/20.
A total of six scholarships are available, ear-marked for students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
Worth of Award
- Under the terms of this scholarship, students will receive a waiver of school fees for their first semester of study,
- plus a one-off payment of 50 000 CZK (about 2050 EUR) as a contribution towards living costs.
- Applications for these scholarships are open to all students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition, who are applying for study in one of their Bachelor’s studies or Master’s studies programmes at FSV UK from academic year 2019/20
How to Apply
Applications must be made on the form that accompanies the announcement, and must include the following documents:
- completed application form
- motivation essay of no more than 1000 words, explaining why they need a scholarship, and what they hope to gain from their studies at Charles University
- two letters of recommendation from teachers, who know the student from their previous studies, including confirmation of the student’s financial need (NOTE: The current scholarship holders who are reapplying do not need to submit the two recommendation letters or write the essay. Please include a cover note and one recommendation letter from a Charles University academic who knows you from your studies with your application.)
- Applications should be sent to the Manager of the International Office. All documents submitted must be originals and written in the English language, or accompanied by certified translations. (IMPORTANT: All scholarship applicants MUST also lodge an online application for their selected study program and note the name of the programme on their application for a scholarship. Without this their application for a scholarship will not be considered.)
Deadline: applications close April 30, 2019.