The Ministry of Education in China invites applications for the Mandarin Language Enrichment Scholarship open to International applicants above the age of 18, who possess a high school diploma or above, have shown excellent academic performance, and are of good moral character for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage international students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao SAR students are not eligible) to undertake Huayu courses in the Republic of China (Taiwan); in order to provide them with opportunities to increase their understanding of Taiwanese culture and society, and to promote mutual understanding and interactions between Taiwan and the international community.
The Ministry of Education will consult the annual budget and provide available openings for the next year to embassies, missions, representative offices and other overseas agencies authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before December 31st.
Worth of Award
A Monthly stipend of 25,000 NTD.
International applicants above the age of 18, who possess a high school diploma or above, have shown excellent academic performance, and are of good moral character are eligible. Candidates with one of the following qualifications may not apply:
- Is an overseas Chinese student or a national of the R.O.C.
- Is currently registered as a student at a Mandarin Language Center or has sought a degree from a university or college in Taiwan.
- Has already received a HES or a Taiwan Scholarship, in the past.
- Is an exchange student to Taiwan, during the scholarship period.
- Is currently receiving financial benefits from the Taiwan government or another educational institution.
How to Apply
Applicants need to submit the following documents to local embassies or missions before the announced deadline (In principle, the yearly application period is from February 1st through March 31st. However, the actual application period will be in accordance with the general regulations of the local Taiwan Representative Offices).
- An application form (see appendix 1; provided by local embassies or missions).
- A photocopy of his/her passport or any other documents that can verify the nationality of the applicant.
- A photocopy of the certificate of the highest credential and transcript.
- A photocopy of the applications to the Mandarin Language Center.
- Other documents required by local embassies or missions.
Deadline: applications close December 31st, 2018