The University of Sussex in UK invites applications for the Professor Colin Eaborn Chemistry Scholarship open to an undergraduate student taking up a place in Year 1 of a degree in the Chemistry department, in 2018/2019 academic year.
The Chemistry Department at Sussex offers the Professor Colin Eaborn Chemistry Scholarship to students who have achieved excellent academic results prior to joining the University and who maintain academic excellence throughout their Chemistry degree.
Worth of Award
Up to £2,000 for BSc students, up to £3,000 for MChem students.
If you are eligible to receive the scholarship and continue to meet the eligibility requirements throughout your BSc/MChem, you will be awarded:
- Year 1 (2018/19) – £600 maintenance grant
- Year 2 (2019/20) – £600 maintenance grant
- Year 3 (2020/21) – £800 maintenance grant
- Year 4 (2021/22) – £1,000 maintenance grant
Payments will be made in two equal installments in November and March of each academic year
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be an undergraduate student taking up a place in Year 1 of a degree in the Chemistry department, in 2018
- Have achieved AAA (or equivalent) with at least an A in Chemistry prior to joining Sussex
- Have made Sussex your Firm choice of university via UCAS
- To continue to be eligible for this scholarship throughout your degree you must maintain an overall average of at least 70% in each year of your degree. If you do not receive the scholarship in Year 1 or you do not meet the required threshold to maintain the scholarship during your studies, it is not possible to receive it in subsequent years.
- If you are studying Chemistry (with an Industrial Placement Year) MChem or Chemistry with Summer Research Placements MChem you will not receive maintenance payments during your year in industry/abroad.
How to Apply
The scholarship is awarded automatically on the basis of academic achievement. There is no separate application process.
Deadline: There is no closing date for applications.