The programme of study aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to initiate, develop and oversee mental health programmes and/or policies in low-resource settings, as well as to conduct and critically evaluate research on global mental health. These skills and knowledge will make it possible for students to make valuable contributions in the domains of research, policy and practice as they relate to the discipline of global mental health.
Worth of Award
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is offering up to four Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships to students accepted into the 2018-19 MSc Global Mental Health programme.
- Each scholarship will cover full tuition fees, a stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,730.00 and an allowance of GBP 500.00 for MSc project expenses.
- Applicants must be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries: Rwanda; Ghana; Kenya; Nigeria; South Africa; Thailand; Indonesia; Philippines; Vietnam; Peru; Nicaragua. Applicants from other countries will not be considered for these scholarships.
- Applicants for this funding must hold an offer of admission to the MSc Global Mental Health commencing in 2018-19.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the minimum English Language Requirements if shortlisted for this funding. Applicants who have been short-listed for this funding will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency within 6 weeks of notification for their scholarship application to be considered any further. A copy of the relevant paperwork must be submitted to the Scholarships Team at LSHTM.
How to Apply
To apply for this funding applicants must submit:
- an application for study for the MSc Global Mental Health programme through the King’s College London online application portal,
- a Scholarship Application, via the School’s Online Scholarship Application, indicating that you are applying for the 2018-19 J&J GMH Scholarship.
- As part of this application, you should upload a completed J&J GMH Supplementary Questions sheet by the scholarship deadline.
- Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- By submitting an application for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions.
Deadline: applications close midnight (GMT) on Sunday, March 25, 2018.