The Government of China invites applications for the Marine Scholarship of China open to outstanding students in the year 2018/2019 academic year.
Students should come from the coastal countries or regions around the South China Sea, the Pacific and the Indian Oceans and African developing countries to study in China for a master’s or doctoral degree in oceanography or other related specialties.
The Marine Scholarship of China is jointly initiated by the State Oceanic Administration (SOA) and the Ministry of Education of China (MOE) for the purpose of providing financial support to outstanding students from the coastal countries or regions around the South China Sea, the Pacific and the Indian Oceans and African developing countries to study in China for a master’s or doctoral degree in oceanography or other related specialties.
Master: 2-3 academic years, scholarships 2-3 academic years. PhD students: 4 academic years, scholarships no longer than 4 years.
Marine affairs related majors, including but not limited to:
- School of Ocean and Earth Science
- School of Environmental Science and Engineering
- UN Environment-Tongji Institute of Environment for Sustainable Development
- School of Civil Engineering
- College of Electronics and Information Engineering
- School of Law
According to different education scheme for different degree programs, the duration for a master degree program is 2 to 3 years, the duration for a doctoral degree program is 4 years.
Worth of Award
- The duration of a master degree program is 2 to 3 years with scholarship support of 2 to 3 years, and for a doctoral degree program 4 years with scholarship support of 4 years.
- Scholarship owners enjoy free tuition fee and other material fees and will be provided with free accommodation and necessary medical services.
- Living allowances for the students are 3,000 RMB per month for master students and 3,500 RMB per month for doctoral students (the same standard with other Chinese Government Scholarship)
- Outstanding students from the coastal countries or regions around the South China Sea, the Pacific and the Indian Oceans and African developing countries.
- Applicants must be admitted to study in China for a master’s or doctoral degree in oceanography or other related specialties.
Applicants must be healthy citizens of non-Chinese nationality in the South China Sea, the Indian Ocean, the Pacific periphery and in the island countries as well as in developing countries in Africa.
Applicants for a master’s degree must have a bachelor’s degree, generally not exceeding 40 years of age.
Applicants for a doctorate must have a master’s degree and are generally not over 45 years old
Applicants’ qualifications and age requirements:
Applicants must apply for master’s or doctoral degree in maritime-related majors.
How to apply
- Please download the attached Call for Application of 2018 Marine Scholarship of China (English Chinese).pdf. See link below.
- All the online procedures completed and documents sent to contact person of School of Ocean and Earth Science, Tongji University.
Applicants are required to submit the application materials before Tongji University intends to recruit tutors, and apply for international students Tongji University qualifications.
online registration: the applicant landing CSC ” to study in China online registration information platform ” , Tongji University admissions code: 10247 ) to submit electronic application information, and will generate Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship Download the attached autograph.
Online Application: Applicants login ” Tongji University International Student Online Service System ” to complete the online application and download and print “Tongji University International Students Application Form” with Autographed.
other required materials, see the attachment.
send application materials: Please apply for 2018 All materials annual Chinese government scholarships ocean in 2018 Nian 3 Yue 15 arrive Tongji University School of Ocean and Earth Science at the contact recently.
send application materials electronically: Please apply for 2018 All materials electronic version of the annual Chinese Government Scholarship ocean again 2018 Nian 3 Yue 15 Riqian mail to [email protected] mailbox.
* The applicant himself should keep the phone unblocked and check email and application account regularly.
Deadline: applications close April 15, 2018